We have a home loan to help make your dream a reality, whether you’re putting down roots for the first time, upsizing to suit a growing family, planning your dream home or looking to grow your wealth.
A Few Key Facts
- The maximum term is 30 years with the maximum loan amount being subject to SBS Bank lending criteria and it will also depend on the property’s location, type and valuation.
- Repayments can be either monthly, fortnightly or weekly
- Additional credit fees and charges apply.
- If your deposit is lower than 20%, low equity rates apply, alternatively you may be eligible for a First Home Loan
- If you want us to keep a hot fixed interest rate for you for a limited time until the date your loan is drawn down you can book it, Terms and Conditions apply.
Lots of Options
The way you structure your loan will affect the repayments you will make, how often you can make changes and what interest rate you will pay. We can help you figure what’s best for you while we set up your loan.
We offer two types of Term Loans - Principal & Interest or Interest Only.
- Principal & Interest - This is a standard type of term loan, where payments go to both covering the interest charged on the loan and towards the principal borrowed. The longer the term of your loan the less you pay towards the principal with each payment and the more you pay in interest over the life of the loan.
- Interest Only - This is shorter term option which allows you to only pay the interest cost of your loan. We don’t think this is a good option for longer term borrowing so we limit how long you can borrow in this way to 5 years at which point you would either need to switch to repaying principal and interest or repay your loan in full.
Our flexi Loan is a home loan that provides you with the control and flexibility to manage your own lifestyle. It allows you to increase or decrease the amount borrowed (within your loan limit).
Fixed, Floating, or a combination of the two?
A fixed interest rate is where you lock in an interest rate for a set term from six months up to five years. This provides certainty around your repayments and protects you from any increases in market interest rates during this fixed term.
A floating interest rate (sometimes also known as a variable interest rate) can be changed by us from time to time, typically in line with market changes. While this means your regular repayments can change, a floating interest rate gives you more flexibility to repay all or some of your loan – which is useful if you are considering selling your residential investment property in the next few years, or want the freedom to make additional repayments without incurring fees for early repayment.
You could also choose to split your loan across a combination of fixed and floating rates, where you might put some on a fixed rate for certainty of budget and keep part on a floating rate so that you can pay lump sums off the loan without incurring fees for early repayment.
You could also consider more than one fixed term so that not all the loan comes off the fixed rate at the same time. This can smooth the effects of interest rate changes.
Whether it’s our member-based banking philosophy or the competitive interest rates that attract you, switching your home loan to SBS Bank is simple and hassle-free. One of our banking consultants or mobile mortgage managers will help you make the switch. We can make sure that your home loan meets your needs and provides you with flexibility for the future.
If you would like more information about our products, or you are applying for:
- a construction loan
- a top up on your existing SBS loan, or
- As an entity (i.e trust, company)
Please enquire now
If you wish to apply for a home loan under your own name(s), you can complete an online application by selecting apply now.
For our current interest rates for Residential Lending please click here. you will need to meet lending and eligibility criteria for Residential Home Loans, Lending Standard Contract Terms and Credit Fees and Charges apply too and are also available on request and free of charge from any branch of SBS Bank.
The information on this page does not take into account your individual circumstance s and is not personalised financial advice. You should seek financial advice before you make any decision to open an account.