vehicle insurance

keeping you moving 

Insuring your car will help you carry on with the important things like driving to work or dropping the kids at sport. Ensuring you have minimal disruption. 


Comprehensive cover for your car with a selection of additional covers to meet your needs. 

damage to your car

Cover the cost of repairing or replacing your car if it’s in an accident.

damage to someone else's property
If you accidentally cause damage to someone else’s car or property, cover the repairs.

cover for fire or theft
If your car is stolen, damaged in a fire or by natural events, cover the cost of repairs or replacement.

additional covers

The following additional covers are included:

» New vehicle cover:You’ll receive a new replacement car if your new car is a total loss while the car is less than one year old
» Windscreen benefit: No excess and no effect on your No Claims Bonus for claims solely for windscreens or headlights
» Legal liability: If you accidentally damage someone else’s property or injure someone while driving, you’ll receive cover for your legal liability and any defence costs up to $5,000,000
» Trailers: Up to $2,500 in a 12 month period with a $100 excess, without effecting your No Claims Bonus
Replacement vehicle: Get automatic cover for your new car for 30 days from the time of purchase

optional cover

» Caravan cover: Affordable cover for caravans or horse floats that are stolen or damaged while being towed

No Claims Bonus

Discounts on the premium based on the number of years you’ve been insured and the number of ‘at-fault’ claims you’ve made.

Exclude Under 25s
Lower premiums if you exclude under 25 year old drivers.

Named drivers
Up to four named drivers (additional excess applies for non-approved drivers).

Excess options
The higher the excess you select the lower the premium.

Third Party only cover
An affordable option that covers the cost of damage your car causes to someone else’s car or property. You can also add theft cover in case your car is stolen by choosing Third Party Fire and Theft insurance. 

Motorcycle cover
Comprehensive cover for your motorcycle, moped or scooter, including liability for damage to other people’s property.



important information

The information on this page does not take into account your individual circumstances and is not personalized financial advice. You should seek financial advice before you make any financial decision. Vehicle Insurance is arranged by Southsure Assurance Limited (Southsure) - a subsidiary company of Southland Building Society (SBS Bank) This webpage is only a summary of the features and benefits of House Insurance and is intended to be of a general nature. All insurance cover is subject to underwriting criteria and the individual policy terms and conditions set out in the policy document. Southsure is licensed under the Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2010 and supervised by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand. Southsure is a member of the Banking Ombudsman scheme. SBS Bank may receive a commission for any successful insurance referral. Vehicle Insurance is underwritten by Lumley, a business division of IAG New Zealand Limited (Lumley). Neither Southsure nor Southland Building Society (SBS Bank) nor any other entity within the SBS Bank Group guarantees the obligations of, or any products issued or underwritten by Lumley.

A copy of the current Southland Building Society (SBS Bank) Disclosure Statement along with our Term Investment Terms & Conditions and QFE Adviser Disclosure Statement are available on request and free of charge from any branch or agency of SBS Bank or on this website
© Southland Building Society, 2016